Thursday, March 01, 2007

Political Cartoon-"The Worlds Local Bank"

This cartoon reminds of my issue with HSBC, a bank which calls itself "The Worlds Local Bank." At the "worlds local bank," I expect to get my answers from someone locally who can speak English well, I no I am not perfect when it comes to grammar. However, I am fully able to hold a conversation without stumbling. When I call the "worlds local bank," I ask myself why can't I speak to someone who is capable of speaking proper english?

People claim that they do this in order to provide 24-hour support, in order to account for the time difference. Well, why can't I speak to an American between the hours of 8 am to 8 pm.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Reuben A. Ingber said...

I said that I do not speak perfect English either, however I feel that when calling tech support, or other support service, I don't think that accents should be a problem when I am trying receive support on different. I am not a racist nor ignorant, I think many other people hold a similar opinion.

Ian thanks for "shaming me."

Anonymous said...

I didn't say you are a racist, but what you are saying is...