Sunday, November 12, 2006

Bush to Meet with Iraq Study Group.


Tomorrow as planned President Bush will meet with the Iraq Study Group. The President has established that he is open to looking for a new course in Iraq. I think we will see good results from this meeting and a possible change of course in Iraq. I think that we will not be pulling out anytime soon. I think that we will have a completely new plan on the ground. Which in the next year or two will prove to be sufficient to fix the problems which we have started in Iraq. Although the number of casualties will increase, I think Sen. John McCains belief of increasing troop numbers is our only option for a speedy finish to the Iraq war. As well I would like to see what Democrats think should be done in the region putting aside the option of automatic pullout. A pullout strategy would leave Americans at home and abroad in a very dangerous situation. We cannot return to an isolationist perspective, that will only cause us to be a sitting duck for future terrorist attacks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do think that more troops will do the job, however it hurts me that more Americans would have to die. I think we have become too desensitized to the deaths. Now it seems as if it is just a number you hear weekly on the news.