Saturday, November 11, 2006

Republican VP.



So I have been asked who I think could run as John McCains running mate for 2008. If the Democrats nominate either Sen. Clinton or Sen. Obama, I think the Republicans would be smart to pick Condoleezza Rice. She will be able to draw in a large percentage of female votes and African American voters. However I still think she lacks enough political experience and she is a member of the Bush administration which will be a major turn off. Another option is former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He is seen by many Americans as a beacon of excellence in government, since his dealings with the September 11th attacks. I think he will be a hard sell to conservative Republicans, since he supports abortion and gay rights. I would support a McCain~ Giuliani run over a McCain~Rice run. I would put my money on McCain~Giuliani, personally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

McCain~Giuliani is in my opinion a much better choice. C Rice would spell disaster for the republican campaign if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

I think Giuliani is too liberal on social issues to be a Republican candidate.