Friday, November 10, 2006

Hamas Offers to End Rule if Aid Resumes


The possible end of the Hamas lead Palestinian Authority, I must be dreaming. At Fridays pray session Ismail Haniyah, the current Hamas Prime Minister, said that he would resign within "two or three weeks," he continued on to say "let us end the siege and let us end the suffering of the Palestinian people." Could we be seeing the end of Hamas' war against Israel and its people. I think not, I think that the Hamas controlled PA needs the American and European Aid which has been held since Hamas took control of the PA. I think that Hamas is trying to keep the people happy, I still fear Hamas' continued call for the destruction of Israel and the United States.

It will be interesting to watch what happens in the region following his resignation. Usually drastic events like this spark two things extreme happiness amongst the general population and it sparks violence within the militant group.

No comments: